Wildwoods Essential Oils for Beginners workshop is a 2 1/2 hour introductory class focusing on the safe and therapeutic use of essential oils. Participants are introduced to safe blending guidelines and the appropriate applications of 7 different essential oils. Each student will make and take home two custom aromatherapy body care products.
Why learn about essential oils?
Essential oils are more popular today than ever before. Naturally, everyone loves them for their amazing scent and the wonderful experiences we have with them. This popularity has led to wide use in the public and unfortunately, the misuse of oils as well. Just does unfortunately lead to skin reactions and undesirable health effects.
Pamela Westerman, your instructor, is a certified aromatherapist and has been using essential oils professionally for over 20 years. Pamela has been teaching aromatherapy workshops to the public since 2005.
During the workshop students look closely at seven essential oils and investigate their aromatic notes, therapeutic values and composition. Students will then create two incredibly useful and deliciously scented personal blends: one skin nurturing lip balm and a lovely aromatic spray for stress and immunity.
- Peppermint , Mentha x piperita
- Lavender, Lavandula angustifolia
- Palmarosa, Cymbopogon martinii var. motia
- Orange, Citrus sinensis
- Vetiver, Vitiveria zizanoides
- Cedarwood, Juniperus virginiana
- Rosalina, Melaleuca ericifolia
At the end of the workshop, students will know how to:
- Use essential oils for health and wellness
- Safely blend oils together
- Recognize aromatic notes and blend accordingly
- Dilute essential oils with carriers
- Store and care for essential oils
- Shop for quality essential oils
- Avoid misuse and unintentional harm
- Make two body care aromatherapy products
Who can take this workshop
This is a beginners workshop. Anyone who is interested in essential oils may attend.
- $60.00 (includes a $25 materials fee)